● Emergency: 911
● Pasadena Police, non-emergency: 626-744-4241
● Pasadena Fire Department, fire prevention: 626-744-4668
Call 626-744-7311 between 7:30 am and 5 pm, Monday through Friday, for nearly all city services — from Bulky Item Pickups to City Council Agendas to Pothole Repair to Bus Routes to Yard Sale Permits to Reporting Code Violations to Palm Frond Cleanup to Reporting Broken Fire Hydrants or Water Waste, and so on.
Use the Pasadena Citizen Service Center mobile app for all of the above — with the convenience of your smart phone! All Pasadena residents should have this app on their phones to contact the City with just about any non-emergency issue or question, and to keep track of requests. Download the Pasadena Citizen Service Center Mobile App for iOS & Android.
Pasadena Development Activity Map
Want to see all the active building permits in your area for residential and commercial projects (including additions)? Check out this map. Also shows active planning projects, including Master Plans, Conditional Use Permits, etc. See the Development Map.
DistrictS 7 & 6
Most of Madison Heights is in District 7, but a small portion is in District 6 (from Marengo above Fillmore, and the north side of California from Marengo to Los Robles). Find your district with this interactive map.
Visit the District 7 website.
Councilmember: Andy Wilson
District Liaison: Pam Thyret
Visit the District 6 website.
Councilmember: Steve Madison
District Liaison: Takako Suzuki
Trash & Recycling
HOLIDAY DELAYS: Find out which holidays actually delay your trash & recycling pickup! Check out the handy Holiday Delay Schedule (partway down the linked page)
RULES: Not sure if you can put palm fronds or vegetables in your Yard Waste bin (answer: NO), or styrofoam in your Recycling (again: NOPE), or dog poop in your Trash (YES, please!)? Download the complete list of what can go in your Trash, Yard Waste & Recycling bins.
To schedule a free bulky item(s) pickup (2 per year): call 626-744-7311.
MHNA helps to coordinate residents' requests to the City of Pasadena for neighborhood beautification projects such as additional trees, upgraded sizing to replacement trees, concerns regarding appropriate signage, etc. MHNA’s Beautification Chair, Suzie Boyer, volunteers to coordinate these matters. If you have a request that MHNA can help facilitate, please click here to email MHNA with the appropriate subject line.
MHNA SOCIAL MEDIA
● MHNA Facebook Page — You don't need a Facebook account to visit the page.
● Join the MHNA email list!
● Nextdoor — Nextdoor is a free, private social network for neighborhoods. It's a great way for you and your neighbors to talk online and make all of your lives better in the real world. Use it to ask for and give recommendations for local services and restaurants, help locate lost pets, quickly get the word out about a break-in, learn about and discuss things happening in the neighborhood, and so much more. When you sign up on Nextdoor, if you're within the MHNA you'll automatically be assigned to the "Nextdoor Madison Heights" neighborhood. Nextdoor can be used on your computer or with their mobile phone app.
The Pasadena Humane Society: 626-792-7151.
Visit the PHS website.